Trainings and Workshops
To support Girls Inc. programming in your school and community, we offer trainings, workshops, and assemblies to help parents, teachers, counselors, and girls understand, recognize, and interrupt girl fighting.
Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest trains organizations, school staff, and parents to effectively recognize and support girls to end relational aggression through its award-winning program Allies in Action. Allies in Action teaches girls how to positively navigate social situations and conflict. Evaluation data shows that schools and organizations using Allies in Action realize:
- Stronger relationships between girls
- Reduced aggressive, hurtful, and violent behavior
- Improved academic achievement
- Boosts in girls confidence and self–esteem
- 80% increase in school attendance
- 75% of frequent “girl fighters” become violence free
Workshops and Trainings for Adults
Program content is gender-specific, developmentally appropriate, and outcomes-based in the following formats:
- School administrator format: 2 hour trainings, consulting
- Teacher & parent format: full and half-day trainings, 1-3 hour talks and conference break-out sessions
Workshops and Assemblies for Girls
Girls, ages 6-18, receive gender-specific, developmentally appropriate, outcomes-based programs through assemblies, classroom visits, full-day workshops, half-day workshops, or a Girls Night Out format.
PARTICIPATE IN A GIRLS INC. TRAINING
Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest can tailor a program to fit your organization's specific needs and concerns. Cost for all training programs is $150 hourly. Please contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.