CURRENT JOB OPENING
volunteer engagement coordinator
Reports to: Community Engagement Manager
Employment Classification: Non-Exempt
Work Hours: Full-Time
The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator is responsible for ongoing volunteer recruitment, training, coordination, support, and recognition for volunteer functions at Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest. Goals include increasing the number of volunteers, improving volunteer retention and supporting the process of engaging remote volunteers. We desire candidates who have a passion for serving girls and women and are friendly, professional, and organized.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit volunteers by scheduling and attending outreach fairs and events, giving presentations, publishing opportunities in print or online, serving as a representative of Girls Inc. at various events and networking opportunities, and collaborating with partner organizations.
- Support the organization’s goal of increased visibility and volunteer engagement through public relations and marketing activities.
- Screen volunteer applications and conduct background checks. Place volunteers in appropriate positions based on volunteer preferences/skills, program protocols, logistics, and geographic location.
- Conduct Girls Guide volunteer trainings quarterly and Girls Guide Info Sessions, as needed.
- Manage volunteer database and maintain accurate records.
- Maintain positive relationships with volunteers and corporate contacts via email, telephone, and in person. Develop and maintain relationships with other volunteer organizations within the area.
- Organize volunteer appreciation and recognition efforts.
- Collaborate with Community Engagement Manager and other staff to ensure all program and volunteer needs are met effectively in a timely manner.
- Evaluate the impact of Girls Inc.’s volunteer program and measure volunteer satisfaction by utilizing quarterly surveys.
- Create and distribute various communications and publications related to volunteer opportunities.
- Provide support to all departments, which demonstrates respect, teamwork and collaboration with staff, volunteers and community partners.
- Collaborate with Events and Development Coordinator to recruit and train volunteers for three large annual fundraising events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services, public relations, non-profit management or related field or equivalent in experience
- Demonstrated experience in volunteer recruitment, management, coordination and retention (at least two years of experience)
- Experience with event planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of information
- Successful experience working and communicating with diverse populations
- Ability to set priorities and organize multiple projects
- Experience working both independently and as member of a team
- Must be self-directed, flexible, and take initiative
- Proficiency on MS office products
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Have regular access to reliable transportation
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Experience working with Salesforce or CRMs
- Experience supervising staff or volunteers who work with youth or in an after-school setting
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls. Open until filled
Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.