Professional women in print, film, photography, design, or any other creative fields can help girls better understand the impact of media.
A Girls Inc. Media Professional commits to meeting their assigned Girls Group 2-5 times over an 8-week period. Media Professionals serve as a role model to girls and help the Group develop a Media Project reflecting the girls' voices to be shared at the Girls Inc. 'Media Showcase' in late spring or early summer.
The Media Professional Role:
- Participate in one pre-program training with Girls Inc. staff via phone call
- Meet with assigned Girls Group 2-5 times over an 8-week period (approximately 90 minutes per meeting)
- Plan and facilitate hands-on activities for each meeting to introduce girls to your media field while collaborating with Girls Inc. staff to determine the Media Project's subject matter
- Provide engaging and creative ways for career exploration
- Help Girls Group complete a Media Project to be presented at the Girls Inc. 'Media Showcase' in late spring or early summer
The Media Professional process:
We hope to work with you as a Media Professional! This is what you can expect the process to look like:
- Complete the Girls Inc. volunteer application
- Receive an email from a Girls Inc. staff to discuss your interest areas and how you'd like to work with the girls
- Attend a 2-hour orientation led by Girls Inc. staff
- Get assigned to a Girls Group and begin the Media Literacy program!