CURRENT JOB OPENING
Events & Development Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
Employment Classification: Non-Exempt
Work Hours: Full-Time
The Events & Development Coordinator position will provide support to and work in collaboration with the Director of Development to carry out fund development and marketing activities for Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest, a regional affiliate of the national organization Girls Incorporated. This position’s primary responsibility is to plan and execute events, including the annual fundraising gala and two significant annual events as well as various third party events throughout the year. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: development-related administration, donor stewardship, database management, marketing and communications, and website maintenance. This position requires strong organizational and project management skills. Experience planning nonprofit fundraising events is a must. Work is generally performed in a busy office setting with the consistent need for short trips by car and event-related work on evenings and weekends. Regular office presence is a requirement of this position.
The anticipated breakdown of time is as follows:
- 60% Event Coordination
- 20% Non-Event Development Projects
- 20% Marketing & Communications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all event details, from start to finish: coordinate fundraising galas, luncheons, peer-to-peer events, donor appreciation events, and networking opportunities
- Manage contracts with external event vendors
- Oversee the Events Steering Committee: recruit and manage volunteers in coordination with volunteer engagement coordinator; develop timelines and agendas; project manage individual roles within the Committee; work with Board of Directors Special Events subcommittee to manage the participation of Board in various aspect of event planning
- Manage event budgets
- Facilitate creation of event collateral
- Facilitate event marketing and promotion: manage the event microsite hosted by Squarespace; facilitate physical and electronic invitations; coordinate with PR/Marketing volunteers to cross-promote events with community partners; and utilize social media platforms
- Oversee ticketing, admission, and special needs of guests using Classy and Greater Giving software
- Manage event database pre- and post-event, primarily data input and reporting
- Generate acknowledgement letters and other follow up post-event communication as needed to sponsors, donors, vendors, etc.
Other Development & Marketing Projects:
- Timely administration of donor acknowledgment letters/donor stewardship
- Research foundation and corporate grant opportunities
- Development-related data entry
- Assist Director of Development with marketing campaigns, e-communications, and PR needs
- Assist with coordination of fundraising campaigns, including: sending out renewal notices and special appeals
- Assist Operations Coordinator with annual audit through reporting and reconciliation processes
- Process gifts weekly into DonorPerfect donor database and generate acknowledgement letters; track annual pledges using DonorPerfect donor database
- Maintain updates, overall design and brand compliance for agency website
- Maintain moves management reports for Board of Directors
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of systems and tools for the development office
- Availability to attend tabling events to represent Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services, public relations, communication, non-profit management or related field or equivalent in experience
- Demonstrated experience in event management and development services (at least two years of experience)
- Experience working with a donor database software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of information
- Successful experience working and communicating with diverse populations
- Ability to set priorities and organize multiple projects at the same time
- Experience working both independently and as member of a team
- Must be self-directed, flexible, and take initiative
- Proficiency on MS office products
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Have regular access to reliable transportation
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite strongly preferred; agency uses Adobe Creative Cloud on iMac software
- Knowledge of Squarespace strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience with DonorPerfect, GreaterGiving, Classy and Mailchimp
Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest works to inspire girls in Oregon and SW Washington to be strong, smart and bold, and develop the skills they need to lead economically independent lives. Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest is one of more than 90 affiliates of the national organization Girls Incorporated, the oldest girl-serving organization in the United States. Girls Incorporated has roots that were set in place in 1864 when the first Girls Club was founded in Waterbury, CT. Our local organization began serving girls in the Portland area in 1998 as a grass-roots organization known as Girls Initiative Network. We incorporated as a 501(c)3 in 2002, became a Girls Incorporated affiliate in 2005, and changed our name to Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest in July 2014 to reflect our commitment to serve girls throughout Oregon and SW Washington. Since 1998, we have been at the forefront of implementing gender-specific programs in schools and the community, and have worked with over 8,000 girls and young women.
How to Apply
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, three references and salary request to the Girls Inc. Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send in one document, titled LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_DEV_EVENTCOORDINATOR.doc.
Please no phone calls.
This position is open until filled.
Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.