CURRENT JOB OPENING
Events & Development Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
Employment Classification: Non-Exempt
Work Hours: Full-Time
The Events & Development Coordinator position will provide support to and work in collaboration with the Director of Development to carry out fund development and marketing activities for Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest, a regional affiliate of the national organization Girls Incorporated. This position’s primary responsibility is to plan and execute events, including the annual fundraising gala and two significant annual events as well as various third party events throughout the year. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: development-related administration, donor stewardship, database management, marketing and communications, and website maintenance. This position requires strong organizational and project management skills. Experience planning nonprofit fundraising events is a must. Work is generally performed in a busy office setting with the consistent need for short trips by car and event-related work on evenings and weekends. Regular office presence is a requirement of this position.
The anticipated breakdown of time is as follows:
- 60% Event Coordination
- 20% Non-Event Development Projects
- 20% Marketing & Communications
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all event details, from start to finish: coordinate fundraising galas, luncheons, peer-to-peer events, donor appreciation events, and networking opportunities
- Manage contracts with external event vendors
- Oversee the Events Steering Committee: recruit and manage volunteers in coordination with volunteer engagement coordinator; develop timelines and agendas; project manage individual roles within the Committee; work with Board of Directors Special Events subcommittee to manage the participation of Board in various aspect of event planning
- Manage event budgets
- Facilitate creation of event collateral
- Facilitate event marketing and promotion: manage the event microsite hosted by Squarespace; facilitate physical and electronic invitations; coordinate with PR/Marketing volunteers to cross-promote events with community partners; and utilize social media platforms
- Oversee ticketing, admission, and special needs of guests using Classy and Greater Giving software
- Manage event database pre- and post-event, primarily data input and reporting
- Generate acknowledgement letters and other follow up post-event communication as needed to sponsors, donors, vendors, etc.
Other Development & Marketing Projects:
- Timely administration of donor acknowledgment letters/donor stewardship
- Development-related data entry
- Assist with marketing campaigns, e-communications, and PR needs
- Assist with coordination of fundraising campaigns, including: sending out renewal notices and special appeals
- Assist Operations Coordinator with annual audit through reporting and reconciliation processe• Process gifts weekly into DonorPerfect donor database and generate acknowledgement letters; track annual pledges using DonorPerfect donor database
- Creates reports as needed for the Board of Directors, Fund development committee and other departments needs
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of systems and tools for the development office
- Availability to attend tabling events to represent Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest
The ideal candidate will:
- Have extensive prior experience with managing large complex special events (fundraising event experience preferred).
- Have a proven track record of organizational skills, being very detailed oriented, skilled at documentation, highly organized, and takes initiative.
- Have prior project management experience and skills.
- Demonstrate experience managing volunteers, committees and is an effective delegator.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, vision, and advocacy statements of Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest.
- Appreciate urban communities, diverse populations, cultures and economic experiences.
- Align with social justice values and an anti-oppression approach.
- Be experienced in developing and implementing comprehensive communication strategies.
- Have knowledge of the Pacific Northwest’s funding community and familiarity with sponsorship recruitment, event coordination, donor database data entry and processes.
- Have the ability to self-start and work well in a team setting and fast-paced environment.
- Be a positive role model for children, adolescents, young adults, and colleagues.
- Minimum two years of special events coordination and fundraising experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Management, Social Sciences, Humanities, English, Education or related field.
- Previous experience as an Events and Marketing Coordinator.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite strongly preferred; agency uses Adobe Creative Cloud on iMac software
- Knowledge of Squarespace strongly preferred
- Knowledge and Experience using MailChimp.
- Knowledge of DonorPerfect (other donor database knowledge)
Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest works to inspire girls in Oregon and SW Washington to be strong, smart and bold, and develop the skills they need to lead economically independent lives. Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest is one of more than 90 affiliates of the national organization Girls Incorporated, the oldest girl-serving organization in the United States. Girls Incorporated has roots that were set in place in 1864 when the first Girls Club was founded in Waterbury, CT. Our local organization began serving girls in the Portland area in 1998 as a grass-roots organization known as Girls Initiative Network. We incorporated as a 501(c)3 in 2002, became a Girls Incorporated affiliate in 2005, and changed our name to Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest in July 2014 to reflect our commitment to serve girls throughout Oregon and SW Washington. Since 1998, we have been at the forefront of implementing gender-specific programs in schools and the community, and have worked with over 8,000 girls and young women.
Salary: $35-40K annually
How to Apply:
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, three references and salary request to the Girls Inc. Team at email@example.com. Please send in one document, titled LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_DEV_EVENTCOORDINATOR.doc.
Please no phone calls.
This position is open until filled.