Community partners and business sponsors play an incredibly important role in support of our programs, capacity building, and special events. Local groups, organizations, and corporations not only act as program partners, site hosts, and mentorship liaisons, but also as the financial backing that is necessary to ensure our ongoing fundraising success. In return, Girls Inc. is able to provide invaluable opportunities for charitable engagement and program involvement, which helps to build the foundation for successful future generations.
From fellow nonprofit organizations to multi-million dollar corporations, every partner and sponsor has a unique role to play to strengthen the work of Girls Inc. And every partner or sponsor is granted a variety of benefits in recognition of their commitment to strong, smart and bold girls.
Depending on the specific role of the Partner or Sponsor, benefits may include:
- Local recognition as a critical part of the Girls Inc. community
- Branding placement in digital and print marketing materials, including social media “shout outs” and special event signage
- Opportunities to tell the organization/business “story” through a spotlight interview via website and/or eNews communications
- Opportunities to connect with Girls Inc. supporters (including Go-To Girls & Champions for Girls Giving Society members) for exclusive, deep and impactful experiences
The nationally-recognized Eureka! program provides comprehensive, five-year, magnate programming to 8th-12th grade girls that serves as a pipeline strategy for equipping at-risk, low-income girls for academic and career success, especially in STEM fields. The innovative program connects older girls, many of whom will be first generation college or university applicants, to programming and mentoring aimed at augmenting and sustaining skills, self-efficacy, and the motivation to continue on to post-secondary options, with a focus on STEM-related careers.
Eureka! Sponsors fund a scholarship for one girl to participate in a full year of Eureka programming. These sponsorships may range from one-year support ($2,500) to full, five-year sponsorships ($12,500).
Throughout the year, Girls Inc. hosts several events to celebrate our programs, bring light to current issues, and raise support for our important work in the Pacific Northwest. These events would not be possible without the generous support from our community of sponsors.
rappel for her
August 2016 marked the first year for Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest's Rappel for Her, a peer-to-peer fundraiser that asks the greater Portland community to raise a minimum of $1,000 for Girls Inc. The first 76 individuals to reach this goal then has the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rappel a large building in downtown Portland! Be bold: Rappel for Her!
day of the girl luncheon
The United Nations has declared October 11 to be International Day of the Girl, with the goal of raising awareness about all issues concerning gender inequality around the world. Each year, Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest hosts a luncheon to honor this day, highlight surrounding issues, and take action on advancing the rights and opportunities for girls, both locally and internationally.
power of the purse
Every year in spring, Power of the Purse brings together more than 500 friends, supporters, and community members for an exciting and meaningful evening of fashion, design, and the Power of Her! Each year, Girls Inc. hand selects 'Purse-o-nalities' - local celebrities, influential CEOs, inspiring artists and entrepreneurs, etc. - to partner with one a local purse designer and a Girls Council girl to create a one-of-a-kind handbag. Purses and accompanying packages are auctioned off during a live fashion show where the Girls Council take over the runway, modeling their bag to be sold in support of Girls Inc. programming. Other special elements include a silent auction, boutique, dinner, and raffle.
Other Partnership Opportunities
Throughout the year, we seek out one-time and long-term partnership opportunities that support our programming and internal operations. Regular opportunities include:
- Workplace & Site Visits – Girls Inc. field trips are able to expose girls to new careers and opportunities with which they may not otherwise be familiar. These workplace and site visits can take shape as one-time visits or recurring workplace sessions with included curriculum.
- Mentorship Opportunities – Girls Inc. offers a wide range of mentorship opportunities, including engagement through our Associates Mentoring Program. These out-of-classroom activites provide girls with direct, real-world learnings to advance their passion and ambitions.